Beer-Infused Poultry: An Oven-Baked Beer Can Chicken Adventure
If you love beer and poultry, then you’re going to love this recipe. We’re going to show you how to make the ultimate oven-baked beer can chicken. The secret to this succulent, juicy chicken is in the beer. Yes, that’s right—beer! By infusing the bird with a hoppy brew, you’re going to take your taste buds on an adventure they won’t soon forget.
What makes beer-infused chicken so delicious?
Beer is an excellent ingredient for cooking poultry because it has both flavor and liquid. As the beer heats up, it permeates the chicken, infusing it with hoppy goodness. The beer also adds moisture, which is essential for keeping the chicken tender and juicy. Plus, beer adds complexity to the flavor profile of the chicken.
How to make beer-infused chicken
Let’s get started by gathering the ingredients:
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 can of beer
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Fresh herbs (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Empty half of the can of beer into a glass and set aside.
- Drink the other half of the beer (optional but highly recommended).
- Season the chicken with olive oil, garlic powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Rub the seasoning all over the chicken.
- Place the chicken on top of the beer can. The can should be inserted into the cavity of the chicken, with the beer inside the can.
- If desired, add fresh herbs to the top of the chicken.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until fully cooked. A meat thermometer should read 165 degrees Fahrenheit in the thickest part of the chicken.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Frequently Asked Questions
What beer is best for beer-infused chicken?
Any type of beer can be used for beer-infused chicken, but we recommend using a flavorful, hoppy beer like an IPA or a pale ale. The beer’s flavor will infuse into the chicken, so choose a beer that you enjoy drinking.
Can I make beer-infused chicken on the grill?
Absolutely! Follow the same instructions but place the chicken on a preheated grill instead of the oven. Cook for the same amount of time or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
What sides go well with beer-infused chicken?
Beer-infused chicken pairs well with sides like roasted sweet potatoes, garlic roasted green beans, and a crisp green salad. You can also serve the chicken with your favorite dipping sauce to add more flavor.
How long does beer-infused chicken last in the fridge?
Beer-infused chicken can last in the fridge for 3-4 days if stored properly in an airtight container. Reheat the chicken in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes until heated through.
Beer-infused chicken is a delicious way to take your taste buds on an adventure. By infusing your poultry with beer, you’re adding moisture and complexity to the flavor profile. Now that you know how to make beer-infused chicken, make sure to give it a try and enjoy the deliciousness!